Joesler and Murphey worked together to develop some of Tucson's most prosperous and attractive residential subdivisions. Joesler's first houses were in the Old World Addition, a prestigious residential subdivision built between 1925-29 that was parallel to Campbell Avenue bordered by Mabel and Elm Streets.
Joesler's commercial structures are numerous, including warehouses, markets, office buildings, churchs and individual retail shops.
Catalina Foothills Estates
Joesler and Murphey were responsible for many of the large, distinctive, residential architecture in the early luxury mid-town subdivisions spreading from the late 1920s to the 1950s. Though these subdivisions represented a significant body of Joesler's work, they do not compare to the overall design achievement of one of Tucson's largest subdivision developments, Catalina Foothills Estates.
St. Philips in the Hills
Though the clear majority of buildings Joesler did in his career were residential, he did do a number of public building types, including schools, museums and most successfully, churches. By far, the most prominent of his public buildings is St. Philips in the Hills…